“It’s Star Wars at tech institute’s online festival”, these were the lines quoted about Teknack 2013 in a full page article published for the event on 16th February 2013 in a popular news paper, Mumbai Mirror. The Annual Online Inter College Technical Festival of Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai, witnessed a yet another successful and bigger rendition of Teknack with students not only from all over Mumbai but also from other parts of the globe participating with enthusiasm. It was organized from 16th to 17th of February, 2013 and was powered by ACM DBIT Student’s Chapter at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Kurla.
Teknack 2013 came up with a theme –“Race to Space”. Stars are many but moon is only one. Teknack’13 hosted events that encouraged programming, designing, creativity and innovation thus helping students all over to exhibit their latent skills and talents in the field of technical and creative innovations. The events were chartered out specially to boost the logical, analytical and computing skills of the students.
The flex banners and posters of the Teknack’13 were sent to about fifteen Engineering and Management colleges spread all over Mumbai. As it was an online fest, students were given the freedom to participate in Teknack’13 whilst enjoying the convenience of their homes.All the technical events witnessed a very large and enthusiastic participation from various colleges all around the city including Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bharti Vidya Peeth, Lok Manya Tilak College of Engineering, Viyalankar Institute of Technology to name a few.
Particulars of Teknack 2013 :
This home page had a distinct feature, the asteroids in the background used to move according to the mouse position on the screen. This website had different pages for the list of events and sponsors. A unique registration code was provided to the participants and they had to register themselves on the website and choose a unique username and password for themselves.
Events of Teknack 2013
- Online Treasure Hunt (The Mega Event) – Finding a treasure is never easy and finding it on internet is definitely backbreaker. Participants had to cross various exciting levels, get the clues and find the treasure.
- Virtual Stock Market – The best event for marketing fanatics. Participants had to trade shares of different companies whose stockvalues were constantly updated.
- Google It- A popular event of previous Teknacks, where one is presented with an image and has to figure out the keyword associated with it again received a lot of entries from several avid Googlers.
- Flash Games- All work and no play make an astronaut lose his fitness! Well, flash games were like a much needed break filled with sheer enjoyment.
- Logo Designing and Acoustica focussed on the creative part of the participants.
- Other events such as Debugging Code Wars Quiz (Technical & Non-Technical) and many more added a Spot light to teknack 2013.
And it just gets better! The winner of each event was awarded with a certificate, trip to Goa, accessories and free coupons.
Home Page of Teknack: